Mold processing equipment needs to improve processing performance, mainly reflected in:
1. The increasing size of mold forming parts and the high productivity of parts require a mold with multiple cavities, which has led to the increasing size of molds. Large-tonnage large molds can reach 100 tons, and a mold has hundreds of cavities and thousands of cavities. Mold processing equipment is required. Large working table, enlarged Y-axis Z-axis stroke, large load-bearing, high rigidity, and high consistency.
2. The mold steel material for mold processing has high hardness, which requires the mold processing equipment to have thermal stability and high reliability.
3. For complex cavities and multi-functional composite molds, as the shape of the part becomes more complex, the design and manufacturing level of the mold must be improved. Many grooves and materials are formed in a set of molds or assembled into components. Functional composite molds require a large amount of processing programming, a high-deep cavity comprehensive cutting ability and high stability, which increases the processing difficulty.
4. The refinement of mold processing makes the complex and high efficiency of processing equipment more attractive. High-speed milling has many advantages such as the ability to process high-hard materials, smooth processing, small cutting force, and small deformation of the workpiece, which make mold companies pay more and more attention to high-speed processing.
5. High dynamic accuracy. The static properties introduced by machine tool manufacturers (such as repeat positioning accuracy, linear feed speed) cannot reflect the actual processing conditions when the three-dimensional mold surface is processed. The high-precision machining of the three-dimensional surface of the mold also puts forward the requirements of high dynamic precision performance. High-speed and high-precision can only be achieved by the cooperation of the machine's high rigidity, thermal stability, high reliability and high-quality control system.
6. The combination of processing technology and green product technology will be taken into consideration when enterprises purchase equipment. The radiation of electric machining machine tools and the selection of media will be factors that affect safety and environmental protection. Electric discharge milling technology will be developed in the field of mold processing in the future.
7. The composite application of multiple measurement technologies, high-speed measurement and reverse engineering have become the development direction that promotes mold participation in product development and design technology.